360 Degree View of the League
Fund Development Tips
1. Think in terms of fund development rather than fundraising.
- Building relationships for a long-term base of support.
2. Individuals should be your primary targets for securing support.
- 83.5% of all charitable gifts in the US come from individuals.
3. Solicit your members for additional support over and beyond their dues and do so more than once a year.
- Individuals who are most committed to your League will be your best donors.
4. Base all your development activities on a case for support that articulates/demonstrates the community needs and showcases how your League meets those needs.
- See “Internal Case for Support Worksheet”
5. Development is the responsibility of everyone on your board.