The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan membership organization that has operated at the federal, state and local levels for over 90 years. With nearly 800 local and state affiliates, the League works to improve governance and to increase the public's engagement with its government. At the national level, League activities are coordinated and staffed by two distinct but complimentary organizations: The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund.
Purpose of Position:
To assist our busy elections team in supporting state-based advocates in their use of web-based e-communications tools. This work will include serving as an expert liaison to state League leaders participating in our e-communications system, including sharing best practices, monitoring state Leagues' usage of online-communications tools, encouraging the implementation of both industry and LWVUS-specific communications and advocacy best practices, preparing materials, and enhancing the external and internal visibility of essential League programs. The Online Organizing Coordinator may assist state leaders in writing, editing, configuring and tracking outbound emails as well as supporting the overall online presence of the LWVUS elections team. Reports to the Elections Program Manager.
- Monitor, train and support state-based advocates in online communications strategies and best practices related to web-based e-communications systems.
- Work with state Leagues to accomplish online advocacy goals, especially raising the visibility and effectiveness of voter protection-related advocacy initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with the Communications department to ensure overall e-communications goals are met and protocols are upheld.
- Support the development of status reports as required to keep staff and Board of Directors informed on progress and activities in the department.
- Support relevant staff on various election-related projects, particularly those with an emphasis on reaching underrepresented voters.
- Support work undertaken as part of multi-organizational partnerships and events. Create images and undertake other design work for emails as necessary. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, especially for digital mediums, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience with web-based e-communications systems (Salsa, SalesForce, etc.).
- Customer service oriented and ability to work as a member of team in a fast-paced environment.
- Two to four years of substantial online communications experience with political, advocacy and/or non-profit organizations.
- Experience in grassroots or field/political organizing and/or experience with election-related work in nonprofit environments.
- Expertise in the current best practices in online communications. Competency in basic computer software, web-based database systems and the technical elements of online communications.
- Experience with HTML, Drupal, Salsa and/or other eCRMs and content management systems is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree. Major in communications, political science, or a related field is a plus.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to: KGardner@lwv.org No calls please.