Reaffirmed January 2003
From time to time, opportunities to participate in programs involving international travel are made available to League members. These include programs sponsored by the LWVUS/LWVEF, by the federal government and by other organizations.
The process for selecting League participants for such programs shall be as open and inclusive as possible, and both LWVUS/LWVEF board members and non-board members shall be eligible to participate.
In selecting League participants for these programs, the LWVUS/LWVEF will look for members with the following:
- Expertise and/or experience relevant to the program.
- Skills or background that would be useful to the travel team and/or to the groups in the country to be visited.
- Availability both for any planning/preparation activities and for the trip itself.
- Special interest in the country/area to be visited and/or in the program focus of the trip.
- Language proficiency.
- Understanding of the NGO community and/or the organizations involved in the program.
- Valid passport and appropriate shots.