The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS, the League) is a nonpartisan political organization that has fought for nearly 100 years to improve American systems of government and impact public policies through education, organizing, advocacy, and litigation. The enduring vitality and resonance of the League as a trusted force for change and good government comes from its unique decentralized structure: a national organization with strong partnerships at the grassroots level with more than 760 state and local Leagues across the country including the District of Columbia.
At the national level, League activities are coordinated and staffed by two distinct but complementary organizations: The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund (LWVEF).
The Campaign Organizer will serve as an organizer in the Mission Impact Department. This person will play an important role in supporting the organizing strategy to build power at the state and national levels to secure transformational wins through our national redistricting campaign.
This is a one-year term position with a possible renewal based upon performance and funding. The purpose of this position is to address fundamental inequities built into our democracy.
Key components of the job include working with League affiliates and national staff: to build the capacity of League leaders to recognize, own, and amplify their power through training, capacity building, coaching, and strategic campaign development; to build a strong volunteer infrastructure by growing our base of activists and engagers, and by developing and supporting new and current leaders; to support campaign implementation through direct actions and other engagements and; to create a connection between national issue campaigns and local activities.
This position reports to the National Organizing Manager.
• Build strong, trusted, and authentic relationships with League leaders and partner organizations;
• Work across departments to ensure that organizing goals complement other campaign and organizational goals;
• Implement online and offline organizing strategies to help LWV achieve legislative, advocacy, and program wins, and to build grassroots organizing power;
• Work to expand and leverage LWV online and offline strategies in key states and strengthen state League capacity;
• Work to further develop and grow volunteer leadership and capacity at the state and local levels to advance organizing work;
• Implement campaigns to continue to grow LWV’s engagement with young people and within communities of color;
• Work with League affiliates to build out direct action programs and maintain regular communications with Leagues on progress-to-goals and ensure there is a state to national feedback loop of timely information;
• Support the use of online organizing and reporting tools to support program goals;
• Perform other duties as assigned;
• Travel as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of 2-years’ experience in community, labor, issue or political organizing, or leadership development;
• Experience developing, implementing, monitoring, and assessing field plans;
• Experience implementing online/offline strategies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent people skills;
• Ability to engage diverse communities in an authentic way;
• Familiarity with voting rights, election reform, and voter engagement;
• Experience in training others in organizing skills a plus;
• Willingness and availability to travel;
• Experience working with relational organizing digital tools, Salesforce, and NGP VAN strongly suggested;
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and using social media tools (like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) to organize is required;
• Bi-lingual or ASL certified a plus;
• Basic understanding of analytics and how it impacts strategy development a plus.
BENEFITS AND TENURE:
This position is for a one-year term with the option to renew based upon performance and funding. We have a generous benefits package that includes 95 percent employer-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, pre-tax transit benefits, and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) plan.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged.
We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients, and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
La Liga de Mujeres Votantes de los Estados Unidos está comprometida con un lugar de trabajo diverso e inclusivo basado en la igualdad de oportunidades. La Liga se compromete a contratar personal que refleje la gama completa de la raza, etnia, cultura, orientación sexual y la identidad socioeconómica de este país; un lugar de trabajo donde se fomenta la verdadera diversidad y se valoran e intercambian libremente diferentes perspectivas.
Buscamos y alentamos activamente a las mujeres, las minorías, las personas con discapacidades, los inmigrantes, incluyendo los beneficiarios de DACA y las personas de comunidades tradicionalmente subrepresentadas, a aplicar.
The staff attorney is responsible for shaping solutions and formulating policy guidance for legal issues relating to our core and urgent issues determined by our membership. The League's core issue work includes voting rights, redistricting and census, improving elections, and campaign finance. Our urgent policy issues cover immigration, healthcare, climate change, gun safety, the national popular vote, and the electoral college.
The League of Women Voters of the United States is seeking an experienced nonprofit communications professional to serve as Press Secretary. This position reports to the Senior Director of Communications & Digital Strategy and works in close collaboration with the rest of the communications department as well as staff throughout the organization to identify opportunities for greater League visibility in the press.