The League of Women Voters is seeking a strong Communications Specialist to support the organization’s 2020 election work. This is a full-time, temporary position and can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Communication and Digital Strategy and will work collaboratively with the full Communications Department and cross-department teams. This position is available immediately through January 30, 2021.
- Draft messaging related to the League’s election priorities in the form of talking points, tip sheets, FAQs, press releases, letters to the editor, op-eds, sample social media content, and more.
- Create election-focused content including website copy, email communication, and digital graphics.
- Conduct research and serve as point person for communications needs related to the election.
- Vet media requests and prepare spokespersons for election-related news interviews (remotely)
- Perform other communications duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in the communications field
- Must have strong writing and communications skills with attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Cision, Drupal website systems, and video production a plus
- Ability to work as a member of team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in nonprofit organizations or election-related work experience desired but not required
- Written communications skills in Spanish preferred.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, writing samples, and salary requirement to: [email protected]