Purpose of Position
Directs and manages federal activities on election reform, voting rights and other issues for the League of Women Voters, including lobbying, litigation, grassroots action and policy analysis.
- Develops and implements League political strategies and policy positions, primarily on election reform and voting rights issues.
- Serves as lead lobbyist and liaison with Congress and the Executive Branch for the League of Women Voters of the United States.
- Oversees future litigation (as a party or amicus) for the League of Women Voters of the U.S. and state Leagues on election reform and voting rights issues.
- Works with allied organizations in implementing League policies and strategies.
- Works closely with League grassroots staff in implementing League policies and strategies.
- Provides oral and written briefings for committee and board decisions.
- Provides oral and written briefings for the LWVUS Lobby Corps and League grasstops across the country.
- Coordinates with Communications staff to advance League political strategies and policy positions, primarily on election reform and voting rights issues.
- Coordinates with Development staff in planning direct mail and other fundraising strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree and member in good standing of a state bar.
- Legislative and public policy experience required.
- Litigation experience preferred.
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new initiatives.
- Commitment to work with volunteer leadership and to help implement policy determined by volunteer board.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience.
Minimum Education Required
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org