The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, has fought for nearly 100 years to improve American systems of government and impact public policies through citizen education, advocacy, and litigation. The enduring vitality and resonance of the League as a trusted force for change and good government comes from its unique decentralized structure: a national organization with strong partnerships at the grassroots level with more than 750 state and local Leagues across the country including the District of Columbia.
At the national level, League activities are coordinated and staffed by two distinct but complementary organizations: The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund (LWVEF).
The data manager is responsible for supporting the LWV's functional, data, and implementation needs of our database environment. The data manager serves as the main point of contact to all the organization's departments for their data management needs: functional operation of database applications, data queries, data analytics, data integration, system configuration, and training.
- Leads data governance program
- Develops and supports integrations between third-party systems and the CRM.
- Manages CRM upgrades including the development of end-user acceptance testing plans
- Gathers requirements from end-users and create advanced queries and reports
- Identifies business needs that require enhancement to the CRM and understand the impact of such enhancements on the overall architecture of the CRM
- Works with staff to understand business questions to define and visualize metrics using data visualizations and dashboards.
- Works collaboratively with staff and consultants to develop, maintain, and test new and enhanced features in the CRM
- Evaluates, recommends, and participates in the selection of data analytics tools and data warehouse components, including database management systems, ETL software, data mining tools, and metadata management tools
- Creates and maintains technical documentation, process documents, and report and query specifications ensuring all documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Troubleshoots problems working with database vendor and outside consultants, as needed
- Engages in strategic planning related to data initiatives
- Assists in maintaining and monitoring data integrity and consistency
- Setup and maintains administrative security levels, groups, and users on the CRM application
- Develops and documents database management procedures
- Keeps abreast of developments and trends in database/CRM management and data analytics and proposes improvements and advancements for the organization's information systems.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends, and best practices to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or Information Systems Management with two (2) to three (3) years of experience supporting data management and/or database administration in a business environment
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience supporting data management and/or database administration in a business environment
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High level of proficiency with Salesforce
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, and business applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience creating and maintaining data integrations
- Experience data analytics and data visualization tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- Experience with data governance
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with a variety of persons and institutions
- Must be courteous, dependable, detail- and customer-service oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Possess positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong desire to innovate and learn new technologies and techniques
- Close attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Easily adapts to changing priorities
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $80,000. We have a generous benefits package that includes 95 percent employer-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, pre-tax transit benefits, and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(K) plan.
This job is fully remote and will require periodic travel to Washington DC.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send resumes to [email protected] with “Data Manager” in the subject line. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If you have questions about this position, please direct them to the same email. No phone calls, please.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients, and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
La Liga de Mujeres Votantes de los Estados Unidos está comprometida con un lugar de trabajo diverso e inclusivo basado en la igualdad de oportunidades. La Liga se compromete a contratar personal que refleje la gama completa de la raza, etnia, cultura, orientación sexual y la identidad socioeconómica de este país; un lugar de trabajo donde se fomenta la verdadera diversidad y se valoran e intercambian libremente diferentes perspectivas. Buscamos y alentamos activamente a las mujeres, las minorías, las personas con discapacidades, los inmigrantes, incluyendo los beneficiarios de DACA y las personas de comunidades tradicionalmente subrepresentadas, a aplicar.