The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS, the League) is a nonpartisan political organization that has fought for nearly 100 years to improve American systems of government and impact public policies through education, organizing, advocacy, and litigation. The enduring vitality and resonance of the League as a trusted force for change and good government comes from its unique decentralized structure: a national organization with strong partnerships at the grassroots level with more than 760 state and local Leagues across the country including the District of Columbia. At the national level, League activities are coordinated and staffed by two distinct but complementary organizations: The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund (LWVEF).
The Evaluation Specialist will play a key role in helping to transform the culture at LWV. This individual will help to collect timely and factual data and develop reports that capture the impact of LWV’s work.
• Drafting surveys and focus group protocols,
• Preparing data visualizations to demonstrate the organization’s impact
• Preparing factsheets on LWV’s work.
• Analyzing data in LWV’s multiple databases,
• Developing workshops for League members on best practices for establishing a culture of effective data use, and.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficiency in
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Experience with the following software preferred: STATA, SPSS, Tableau, AirTable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy, Education, Mathematics, Sociology, Psychology.
• Master’s degree in Public Policy, Education, Mathematics, Sociology, Psychology.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter to [email protected] with “Evaluation Specialist” in the subject line. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If you have questions about this position, please direct them to the same email. No phone calls, please.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients, and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to use a computer, telephone, and standard office equipment, lift up to 25 lbs., bend, stoop, and carry materials used in financial activities. Occasional travel within the United States may be necessary.
The Campaign Organizer will serve as an organizer in the Mission Impact Department. This person will play an important role in supporting the organizing strategy to build power at the state and national levels to secure transformational wins through our national redistricting campaign. This is a one-year term position with a possible renewal based upon performance and funding.