Sample Questions: Debates/Voters' Guides
Use our sample questions to ask candidates about the pressing issues in voters' minds this year. Great for use in your voters' guides or at debates and forums.
- What are the most important challenges facing our country and how do you propose to address them?
- What [will you/should our nation] do over the long term to ensure healthcare access for all?
- What will you do to support a vibrant economy in our area?
- How will you work to increase job opportunities for your constituents?
- In building a vibrant U.S. economy, would you emphasize reforming tax policies, addressing income inequality, or something else?
- What, if any, steps [will you/should our nation] take to reform current immigration policies?
What steps, if any, should be taken to curb gun violence in our communities?
What measures would you support to reduce the effects of climate change on public health?
- In light of escalating threats from North Korea and elsewhere, what measures do you support to address our nation's security?
- What kinds of policies, if any, will you pursue to promote social and racial justice in our community?
- What, if any, specific steps will you take to address inequalities facing women in the United States?
- What should the federal government do, if anything, to provide an equitable, quality public education for all children pre-K through grade 12?
- What measures do you support to improve and secure elections and voting in our country?
- Please explain why you do or do not think it is important to reduce the role of money in American elections.