Advancing the League’s Goal to Increase Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Through Action
October 30, 2018
Led by Diversity Dimensions Consulting, LLC—a Washington, D.C. based company that provides effective solutions to individuals and organizations seeking to harness the power of diversity and inclusion—this session put DEI principles into action to increase the League’s social impact work in communities across the nation.
The following videos were sent to registrants to view before the webinar:
- Lillian Medville. “Your Privilege Is Showing.” TEDx Beacon Street (13:26). Jan 31, 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4b_ojKx6UI
- Peggy McIntosh. “How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion.” at TEDx Timberlane Schools.YouTube video (18:26). Nov 5, 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BY9UEewHw
- Tricia Rose, Ph.D. “Tricia Rose - Pain, Passion, and Possibility: Learning from Difficult Subjects.” YouTube video. 12:12. July 7, 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exwvmXkKa9Q&feature=share
DEI Resources and Tools:
- Slides From the Webinar
- Just By Looking At Me Exercise
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy
- DEI Definitions
- Continued Learning Resources
- Materials Related to the Convention Training
Please contact [email protected] with any questions or requests for more information.