On Friday, January 4, HR1 was introduced in the House of Representatives. This bill comprises a bold, transformative set of reforms to strengthen our democracy and return political power to the people. The League of Women Voters has worked to influence the language of this bill to ensure that voting rights are strengthened by this important legislation.
Below, find sample posts and graphics for you to use to promote the For the People Act on social media. You may also use all the photos on the LWV Flickr site. You can find general talking points on HR1 here. You can also find a letter to the editor template here.
- It should be easier, not harder, to vote. The #ForThePeople Act improves access to voting with reforms like Same Day Registration and Automatic Voter Registration.
- Our government should respond to the will of the people, not the interests of powerful corporations and wealthy donors. We need the #ForThePeople Act.
- TAKE ACTION FOR #HR1: Call your representative now and ask them to support automatic voter registration, restoring the Voting Rights Act, and lessening the influence of big money in politics. 202-224-3121 #ForThePeople
- We deserve a better democracy. It’s time for Congress to put power back into the hands of the American people and make a bold show of support for the #ForThePeople Act.
- The #ForThePeopleAct will improve American elections by making our election system more free, fair, and accessible to all eligible Americans. http://bit.ly/2Tf7ShI
- The #ForThePeople Act makes elections fairer and puts power back in the hands of the American people. It deserves support from all members of Congress.
- We want a government that works for all of us—that gives us all a say and puts our needs ahead of special interests. Demand that Congress makes a bold show of support for our democracy and the #ForThePeople Act. 202-224-3121
- #HR1, the #ForThePeople Act is critical to America’s future. It’s time for Congress to make our election system more free, fair, and accessible to all eligible Americans.
- Creating fair and free and equitable elections is important—and the #ForThePeople Act will help us do just that. http://bit.ly/2Tf7ShI
- The #ForThePeople Act is a sweeping reform package that addresses everything from voting rights, to campaign finance reform, to redistricting. Call your Representative today and ask them to vote Yes for #HR1: 202-224-3121
- Voters sent a clear message in the 2018 elections that they are ready for bold, comprehensive democracy reforms—and #HR1 is the U.S. House’s response regarding the path forward. More: http://bit.ly/2TebHU6