(Looking for the Redistricting Action Kit? Click here!)
- In the Know: Analyzing SCOTUS Hearing on Adding a Citizenship Question to 2020 Census
- Census 2020: One Year Out
- League Commends Chairman Gowdy for Demanding DOJ Official Answer Census Citizenship Questions
- League Urges Bipartisan Committee to Continue to Demand Transparency on the 2020 Census
Letters to Congress and the Administration
- League Sends Memo to U.S. House on Census Citizenship Question
- League Submits Comments on 2020 Census Address Canvass
- League Submits Comments Regarding Citizenship on 2020 Census
- League Sends Letter to House Committee on Citizenship and the U.S. Census
- League Joins Groups Demanding Oversight Hearings on Census Citizenship Question
- League Sends Letter to President Trump Regarding Census Bureau Director
Talking Points & Templates
- Talking Points: Citizenship Question in 2020 Census
On this page, LWVUS will maintain updated talking points for all Leagues to speak with one voice about the dangers of a citizenship question on the 2020 Census.
- Letter to the Editor Template: Citizenship Question in the 2020 Census
- 5 Actions Toward a Better Census
Please use this document for education purposes in your communities. The quarter-sheet flyer can be printed front and back to make a postcard-sized handout.
Advocacy and Action
- Take the Pledge and say #CountMeIn
Pledge to be counted and to educate your community about the importance of the 2020 census.
- Mapping Hard to Count Communities
Use this map to discover details about hard to count communities. You can use this information to enhance your education campaigns supporting funding for the census, complete count committees, and other activities. This map can be drilled down to the address, zip, landmark, count, state, or legislative district.
Complete Count Committees
The U.S. Census Bureau provides materials for entities interested in forming or joining existing Complete Count Committees (CCC). CCC's create awareness in communities across the country and play a key role in developing partners to educate and motivate residents to participate in the 2020 Census. Check out the U.S. Census Bureau's website for more information like the pamphlets linked to below.
- State Complete Count Commissions: Includes contact information, Census timeline, and more information.
- 2020 Census Complete Count Committee Guide
Complete Count Database: LWVUS has compiled information regarding the formation of Complete Count Committees in preparation for the 2020 Census. The information also includes regional and local contacts where available. The information is current as of March 4, 2019.