The League of Women Voters of the United States is seeking an experienced nonprofit marketing manager to run the League’s digital marketing (paid social media ads and google display ads) and print advertising campaigns as well as creating marketing collateral and graphic design work. This position reports to the Chief Communications Officer and works in close collaboration with the rest of the communications department as well as staff throughout the organization to build marketing campaigns that support organizational goals and issue priorities.
As a core member of the communications department, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing digital and offline marketing campaigns that support the organization’s goals. The person in this role will also be responsible for maintaining brand compliance and standards for the organization’s visibility, managing branded printed items for staff and the field that display LWV branding, and branding for additional campaigns and projects. The Marketing Manager will have design skills for creating content and will also work with vendors and designers for larger-scale projects. They will also be responsible for planning and managing the League’s brand presence at national conferences and trainings to increase League awareness and visibility as well as award submissions for recognition of our collective work.
- Build, implement, and manage multiple budgeted c3 and c4 digital marketing and print advertising campaigns
- Work with the organization’s program area experts to develop measurable goals for every campaign and determine the best platform for each campaign based on goals and audiences
- Manage vendor support for design and implementation of major campaigns
- Produce internal reports at the end of each campaign
- Maintain League brand standards and compliance throughout the organization for both staff and the field
- Supervise Campaign Specialist to ensure campaign goals are met and projects executed on time and budget
- Create and manage the distribution of League-branded materials and collateral
- Manage League attendance and visibility at conferences and trainings, including designing program ads and providing materials for other staff to attend in-person events
- Recommend specific award submissions to elevate League visibility and grow recognition for our core work
- Support national priorities of LWVUS communications team
- A portion of time may be spent doing work for LWVUS’s sister organization, LWV Education Fund.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of communications experience, preferably nonprofit digital marketing experience
- Background in marketing and advertising, particularly with nonprofit, political and/or issue campaign experience desired
- Experience with social media advertising and google display ads required
- Strong understanding of messaging in digital and off-line campaigns
- Must have digital design skills, preferred expertise with Adobe and Canva
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, meet deadlines, and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work independently and manage individual projects, but also function well as a team player
- Knowledge of the League’s core voting rights issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) / Office 365 experience preferred
- Commitment to the League’s mission, as well as our nonpartisan and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies, and a passion for voting rights
The League of Women Voters offers a generous benefits package that includes 95 percent employer-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, pre-tax transit benefits, and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) plan.
This position is located in Washington, DC but currently all employees are working remote until September 2021.
The salary for this position is $70,000.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
La Liga de Mujeres Votantes de los Estados Unidos está comprometida con un lugar de trabajo diverso e inclusivo basado en la igualdad de oportunidades. La Liga se compromete a contratar personal que refleje la gama completa de la raza, etnia, cultura, orientación sexual y la identidad socioeconómica de este país; un lugar de trabajo donde se fomenta la verdadera diversidad y se valoran e intercambian libremente diferentes perspectivas. Buscamos y alentamos activamente a las mujeres, las minorías, las personas con discapacidades, los inmigrantes, incluyendo los beneficiarios de DACA y las personas de comunidades tradicionalmente subrepresentadas, a aplicar.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a cover letter, resume, samples of past marketing campaigns, and salary requirements to [email protected]
The League of Women Voters of the United States is seeking an experienced nonprofit communications professional to serve as Press Secretary. This position reports to the Senior Director of Communications & Digital Strategy and works in close collaboration with the rest of the communications department as well as staff throughout the organization to identify opportunities for greater League visibility in the press.
The Campaign Organizer will serve as an organizer in the Mission Impact Department. This person will play an important role in supporting the organizing strategy to build power at the state and national levels to secure transformational wins through our national redistricting campaign. This is a one-year term position with a possible renewal based upon performance and funding.