The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, has fought for nearly 100 years to improve American systems of government and impact public policies through citizen education, advocacy, and litigation. The enduring vitality and resonance of the League as a trusted force for change and good government comes from its unique decentralized structure: a national organization with strong partnerships at the grassroots level with more than 750 state and local Leagues across the country including the District of Columbia.
At the national level, League activities are coordinated and staffed by two distinct but complementary organizations: The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund (LWVEF).
The League of Women Voters is seeking an Operations Coordinator to support the Operations, Finance and Accounting, and Human Resources functions.
- Maintain bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed.
- Collect payments and accurately record them into the accounting system.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- Update accounts based on payment or contact information.
- Acts as a liaison between LWV and vendors.
- Maintains organized and complete file systems (paper and electronic) to document all company projects, correspondence, and activities the Accounting team as necessary.
- Works closely with the Director, Operations.
- Performs related duties as assigned. Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential job functions:
- Confidentiality – maintains confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information related to the company, its’ clients, and its’ vendors.
- Problem solving— identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Initiative – identifies and acts upon opportunities to enhance results. Manages problems without needing to be asked.
- Interpersonal skills -competent in building and maintaining collaborative relationships throughout the organization and with clients and vendors.
- Written Communication — edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing — prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control — demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability — consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Productivity — ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Software/Office Equipment — proficient in computer software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point) and accounting software programs, at an intermediate level and ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience providing professional support, preferably in a non-profit environment, as an administrative or operations assistant.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged.
We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. This position is located in Washington, DC but currently all employees are working remote until further notice.
La Liga de Mujeres Votantes de los Estados Unidos está comprometida con un lugar de trabajo diverso e inclusivo basado en la igualdad de oportunidades. La Liga se compromete a contratar personal que refleje la gama completa de la raza, etnia, cultura, orientación sexual y la identidad socioeconómica de este país; un lugar de trabajo donde se fomenta la verdadera diversidad y se valoran e intercambian libremente diferentes perspectivas.
Buscamos y alentamos activamente a las mujeres, las minorías, las personas con discapacidades, los inmigrantes, incluyendo los beneficiarios de DACA y las personas de comunidades tradicionalmente subrepresentadas, a aplicar.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected]
The Legislative and Policy Coordinator will play an important role in the research and development of policy and legislative proposals relating to the League’s core mission work. This is a one-year term position with a possible renewal based upon performance and funding.
The Campaign Assistant will be part of the Advocacy and Litigation department and report to the Campaign Manager. In partnership with the campaign manager, they are responsible for working with other LWVUS staff and partner organizations to help execute and advance LWVUS’s national redistricting program in all 50 states and D.C. A portion of time may be spent doing work for LWVUS’s sister organization, LWV Education Fund.
The Campaign Organizer will serve as an organizer in the Mission Impact Department. This person will play an important role in supporting the organizing strategy to build power at the state and national levels to secure transformational wins through our national redistricting campaign. This is a one-year term position with a possible renewal based upon performance and funding.