The League of Women Voters is seeking a Social Media Specialist with a focus on building out digital content and strengthening brand visibility. This position is a key member of the Communications team, reporting to the Digital Communications Manager.
The person in this position will be responsible for daily content creation across multiple social media platforms and tracking social media engagement across multiple channels and campaigns. They must exhibit a strong understanding of social media tools and platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
Ideal candidates will have experience building digital campaigns and growing social media audiences; enjoy current events and following news of the day; understand importance of brand standards; demonstrate skills for creating videos, building graphics and working on short deadlines.
- Manage LWV social media channels by creating and posting regular content for LWV national channels, particularly video content
- Tracking and measuring social media engagements across multiple campaigns
- Work across departments with LWV staff to manage the editorial calendar and juggle multiple message priorities for sharing LWV priority issues as well as coalition and partner organization messages in the digital space
- Support LWV digital events including digital planning, promotion, execution, and post-event reporting
- Work with the Digital Communications Manager to implement a strategy to expand the League’s social media presence
- Working regularly with the organizing team to advance digital priorities for internal and external audiences
- Create graphics with an eye for gender and racial representation that support League messaging campaigns for cross-channel use
- Three (3) years of communications experience working directly in social media
- Strong writing, editing, video, and graphic design skills required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to organization’s social media policy and serve as a ‘voice’ of the League
- Demonstrate flexibility under pressure and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work independently but also function well as a team player
- A passion for current events, civic engagement, and following news of the day in real time across social media
- Enthusiasm for trying new things and taking on new projects
- Commitment to the League’s mission and a passion for voting rights
- Background in social media, particularly experience with a national nonprofit, political and/or issue campaign experience desired
- Experience managing multiple social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube required
- Experience using social media scheduling software (Buffer or similar product), applying tracking codes to social posts
- Ability to monitor and interpret social media metrics required
- Experience managing social media paid advertising campaigns preferred
- Graphic design skills required; experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and Canva preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) / Office 365 preferred
- Experience working with volunteers and/or a federated organization model preferred
- Video production and Spanish proficiency preferred
The League of Women Voters offers a generous benefits package that includes 95 percent employer-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, pre-tax transit benefits, and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(k) plan.
A portion of time may be spent doing work for LWVUS’s sister organization, LWV Education Fund.
This position is located in Washington, DC but currently all employees are working remote until Spring 2021.
The salary range for this position is $46,000 - $50,000
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter, resume, 2-3 examples of social media content, 1-2 graphic design examples, 1-2 video examples, and salary requirement to [email protected]