One of the greatest obstacles to voting is a lack of information about local candidates, their experience levels, and where they stand on important issues.
It makes sense that people who don't feel informed on these points are hesitant to cast their votes — but the good news is that it doesn't have to be that way. VOTE411.org connects countless local, state, and federal candidates to voters each year through candidate guides that speak to the specific issues on your ballot.
Our 2022 guides just launched, and there's a lot of important info for you to check out. Below are a few of the questions you can find on your candidate guide:
Important Candidate Questions
1. What measures do you support to improve and secure elections and voting access in our state?
2. What will you do to support a vibrant economy and increase job opportunities for your constituents?
3. What is your stance on access to abortions?
4. What, if any, steps, should be taken to curb gun violence in our country?
5. What, if any, actions would you take to address the threats facing the United States due to climate change?
6. What steps will you take to create an accessible path to citizenship?
7. What, if anything, should our state do over the long term to ensure quality health care at an affordable cost for all?
8. What policies will you pursue to promote social and racial justice in our state?
9. Why are you the best candidate for this position?
10. Describe your qualifications and experience for the office.