Thanks for your interest in working at the national office of the League of Women Voters. We have a dynamic and hardworking staff who work in a variety of ways to improve our systems of government and impact public policies through citizen education and advocacy.
The national office is located in Washington, DC. State and local chapters do their own hiring when needed to augment their community volunteers.
The League is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, economic status, personal appearance, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Spring 2020 Evaluation and Outcomes Internship
- Legal Internships—Voting Rights, Advocacy, and Litigation
- General Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis and offer flexible hours and a comfortable work environment. Interns will get to work in the following areas: grassroots membership outreach, elections and voter information, communications and development.
To apply email [email protected] with your resume, a short writing sample, and a cover letter that details the following:
- Why you are interested in interning with the League of Women Voters
- What areas you are interested in working in
- What you hope to gain from your internship
- How many hours you will be available to intern
- Your start and end dates
The League of Women Voters is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization and an equal opportunity, fair chance, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage minority candidates to apply.