Provide superior support to the CEO, President, and Board of Directors of this national non-profit organization. Responsibilities include managing calendars, creating, and modifying documents, coordinating travel, assisting with external events, handling logistics for quarterly Board meetings and other events, drafting and reviewing correspondence, and supporting Board committees. Undertakes special projects as assigned.
Administrative Support to CEO and President
• Manage CEO’s calendar, including scheduling of appointments, preparing meeting materials, briefing papers and resources, making necessary arrangements, and prioritizing commitments
• Answer and screen telephone calls and assigned public mailboxes in accordance with general guidance provided by CEO and President
• Respond to internal and external inquiries, including speaking requests, on behalf of CEO and President, using own discretion based upon general guidance from CEO and President
• Exercise administrative judgment; assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results affecting staff, costs, and/or quality of service within the organization
• Lead and/or assist in the preparation of speeches, briefing materials, and background information for CEO and President
• Independently create well-organized, grammatically correct memos, reports, and presentations
• Make travel arrangements, including transportation and lodging, for CEO and President
• Process travel expenses in adherence to LWV policy
• Support CEO and President in coalition and partner organization engagement
• Work closely with Chief of Staff to ensure successful and compliant quarterly board meetings
• Establish and leverage processes for Board communications,
• Oversee compilation and distribution of Board briefing materials
• Handle logistical arrangements for Board meetings
• Process travel expenses in adherence to LWV policy
• Organize and host presentations and important associate/sponsor visits
• Support assigned board committees
• Work closely with board secretary to create meeting minutes
• Support logistics of onboarding of board and off-board committee members
Internal and External Communication
• Draft internal and external correspondence and memoranda and perform research as requested or as need is discerned on own initiative
• Create or assist in creating informational materials including case studies, presentations, and project updates
• Serve as liaison and help to strengthen relationships with supporters and community
• Support office administration as required
• Assist with special events planning
• Provide project management support for periodic national meetings and events
• Serve as a resource for other teams who need assistance with completing large projects
• Assist in planning and executing staff and volunteer appreciation
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires excellent administrative, organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills. The ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, flexibility, and diplomacy with staff, League members, partner organizations, funders, and the public, plus the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality are all essential. The position requires strong attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to prioritize work and to complete tasks within assigned time periods. This position requires a self-starter who is comfortable supporting more than one executive. Experience supporting a board of directors is required and knowledge of nonprofit governance a plus. The incumbent must also be a team player who is adept at building both relationships and partnerships internally and externally to the League.
To qualify, an individual should have a college degree plus a minimum of 5 years of executive assistant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Expertise in Microsoft Office and Office 365 is necessary.
Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• The person must be able to be flexible in changing circumstances, able to deal with various issues, and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• As the League is non-partisan, the incumbent must also be able to maintain a non-partisan approach to people and projects.
• The individual must possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• The individual must also possess excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
• The individual must be able to exercise a high level of attention to detail and confidentiality.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary for this position is $60,000 for one year. We have a generous benefits package that includes 95 percent employer–sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, pre-tax transit benefits, and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(K) plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter to [email protected] with “EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT” in the subject line. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If you have questions about this position, please direct them to the same email. No phone calls, please.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients, and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
The Senior Regional Field Organizer will play a crucial role in rebuilding the Nevada State League by managing the on the ground efforts to reestablish a strong and active State Board, reach out and engage existing members, bring new members, and help the new State League leadership develop a strong network of engaged and diverse partners to advance the League’s mission of empowering voters and defending democracy in Nevada.
The Campaign Organizer will serve as an organizer in the Mission Impact Department. This person will play an important role in supporting the organizing strategy to build power at the state and national levels to secure transformational wins through our national redistricting campaign. This is a one-year term position with a possible renewal based upon performance and funding.