The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, has fought for over 100 years to improve American systems of government and impact public policies through education, advocacy, and litigation. The enduring vitality and resonance of the League as a trusted force for change and good government comes from its unique decentralized structure: a national organization with strong partnerships at the grassroots level with more than 760 state and local Leagues across the country, including the District of Columbia.
At the national level, League activities are coordinated and staffed by two distinct but complementary organizations: The League of Women Voters of the United States (LWVUS) and the League of Women Voters Education Fund (LWVEF).
The League is undertaking a significant organizational change by reexamining the organization structure and internal processes at all levels to strengthen our impact and meet the needs of a growing, diverse democracy. The Project Coordinator will support the implementation of the multi-pronged structure transformation. This includes coordinating the work of multiple consultants, assisting with monitoring project progress and completion, promoting and tracking deadlines, and problem-solving as needed. The PC will help ensure that the work continues on time.
The Project Coordinator will coordinate meetings, notetaking, and operational needs, serving as a point of contact for the Governance department within LWVUS for staff and League members alike. He/she will support the clerical and administrative duties and coordinate general administration within the organization. They serve as a point of contact by linking staff, the Board, internal departments, and League members. They also lead other administrative tasks, develop skills, and plan administrative projects as needed.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize and manage tasks to ensure that they are completed in accordance with existing organizational practices and in a timely manner
- Handle basic office duties, such as answering and routing phones, responding to emails, data entry, and reporting.
- Answer questions and finds information for employees, vendors, clients, and lenders.
- Support employees by facilitating interdepartmental communications and interactions between internal and external parties.
- Assist with special projects, such as process improvements and budget development.
- Develop and implement new policies and processes.
- Plan and execute tasks and projects in a logical and efficient manner, overseeing projects and maintaining accurate records.
- Serve as a point of contact for consultants and departments when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain aligned.
- Communicate with the consultants, identified leadership, staff, and Chief of Culture to keep the project aligned with identified goals.
- Manage and adjust for any changes in project scope, schedule, and/or budget.
- Identify and mitigate potential challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of small – medium project coordination
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Meticulous approach to tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Strong task and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience working with all levels of employees
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is the annual equivalent of $63,500.
We have a generous benefits package that includes 95 percent employer –sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, pre-tax transit benefits, and a generous 401(K) plan.
This position is hybrid (2-3 office days per week).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply here. No phone calls please.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
The League of Women Voters of the United States is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace based on equal opportunity. The League is committed to hiring staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity; a workplace where true diversity is fostered, and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We actively seek and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrants, including DACA recipients and individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to use a computer, telephone, and standard office equipment, lift up to 25 lbs., bend, stoop, and carry materials used in financial activities. Occasional travel within the United States may be necessary.
Sign Up For Email
Keep up with the League. Receive emails to your inbox!
Donate to support our work
to empower voters and defend democracy.