We must ensure that fair redistricting is a nationwide priority.
On April 29, 2021, the League of Women Voters hosted events around the country to increase public awareness and engagement around the redistricting process, and make sure the public's voice is heard.
Over 300 Leagues hosted events across 45 states and Washington, DC.
Why is Redistricting important?
New district lines can be drawn to intentionally decrease voters' power based solely on their political party. We believe redistricting should be fair and transparent. Our program, People Powered Fair Maps™ advocates for redistricting processes that eliminate partisan and racial gerrymandering nationwide.
National Kick-Off Pep Rally EventET
Watch the National kick-off pep rally event for our People Powered Day of Action! The rally hosted by LWV CEO Virginia Kase premiered at 10 am ET on Thursday, April 29.
LWV CEO Virginia Kase
- Elena Lacayo, Singer
- Rabayah Akhter, Project Manager - Immigration, Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM)
- Jonathan Butler, Democracy Campaigner, Greenpeace
- Dominik Whitehead, Vice President of Campaigns, NAACP
- Pinny Sheoran, LWV of Arizona, State Advocacy Chair
- Carol Moon Goldberg, LWV of California, President
- Hilda Thomas, LWV of Louisiana, President
- Dixie Sampson, LWV of Rhode Island, Redistricting Champion
- Iris Meltzer, LWV of Ohio, President
- Rebecca Greenhaw, LWV of Oklahoma City, President
- Susannah Scott, LWV of Georgia, President
Get Involved in Redistricting
Join our newsletter to receive updated about the day of action and People Powered Fair Maps™.
Join us on OutreachCircle to stand with us and take action on redistricting.
Our National Pep Rally Partners
Sign Up For Email
Keep up with the League. Receive emails to your inbox!
Donate to support our work
to empower voters and defend democracy.